According to William Shakespeare, “Delays have dangerous ends.” Here at Amberwood Terrace Chiropractic, we tend to agree. Especially when it comes to chiropractic care. Should you visit the chiropractor if you’re feeling well?

Maybe you visited Dr. Hendricks because you were feeling terrible. But now you feel great! Your body is subluxation-free and thriving. Is there a point in returning for an adjustment or should you just wait until you start to feel awful again?

Don’t Wait for Pain

Pain is not a good indicator of whether or not you are healthy. In fact, by the time pain occurs, you may be in far worse condition than you realized. Only 9% of your spine’s nerve cells signal pain to your brain. The other 91% are dealing with your organs without you even noticing. A plethora of issues could be occurring inside of you with you being none the wiser.

Additionally, chiropractic adjustments help your body fight against disease. You usually will not feel pain when suffering from illness or disease. Sometimes you may not notice or feel any symptoms at all. Waiting for pain to visit the chiropractor could have “dangerous ends.”

Don’t Assume Your Healthy

As with pain, symptoms of illness or disease do not always show up right away. One day you may feel just fine, and the next you suffer from a severe heart attack or you receive the dreaded cancer diagnosis. Our bodies are complex and always changing. Just because you feel “normal” doesn’t mean everything is normal.

Simple, every day life can cause subluxations. Even if your last adjustment left you subluxation-free, you won’t necessarily stay that way. Slouching, lifting, exercising, idleness, and more can contribute to the need for another adjustment. But you may not be aware of this need until you become sick or feel pain and discomfort. Keeping up with regular adjustments will allow you to avoid all of that!

Don’t Miss the Signs

Chiropractic care isn’t just for aches and pains. Correcting subluxations as they occur can help your body deal with daily stresses more successfully. Those who regularly visit their chiropractor report having a better quality of life including improved physical and mental health, less stress, less drug use, more energy, and more joy.

It’s easy to miss the signs that you need an adjustment when your symptoms may be a littler harder to define. If you believe that your overall quality of life could use some improvement, do not delay your next adjustment.

Don’t Expect a Quick Fix

Especially for those who have gone a significant amount of time without an adjustment, correcting subluxations can take time. Years of uncorrected subluxations could cause spinal degeneration, creating scar tissue around the spinal discs, nerves, and joints. The process of dissolving and healing that scar tissue could take months to years. Even after feeling better, there may still be corrections to be made.

Often, someone will come in for a couple adjustments to deal with some aches and pains and not return for years. Those same aches and pains may crop back up and be even worse than before because the spinal degeneration was not healed and has only gotten worse.

Visit the Chiropractor When You’re Well!

You could use a chiropractic adjustment as a pain reliever when the need arrives. Or you could regularly visit your chiropractor for a healthier, happier life. Keep yourself and your whole family healthy and thriving by visiting Amberwood Terrace Chiropractic today!